- Understanding the basics about issues, risks, and probabilities.
- Knowing the difference between quantifiable and non-quantifiable risk.
- Calculating the impact on schedule and budget.
- Risk registers. # How to know when too many risks are firing.
- Determining how to reduce risk’s effects.
- The politics of risk—getting management to understand.
This class uses the Project Risk Board Game developed by Kay Wais.
Text: Identifying and Managing Project Risk, by Tom Kendrick
Notes: This course is highly participatory and interactive, using exercises to reinforce the concepts, looks at actual examples from projects, and is targeted for all levels of project managers.
Following is a list of the school's currently offering this course:
- Portland State University, Portland, OR: Schedule information