"As a veteran project manager, I have seen my fair share of problem projects. The issues that can occur with budgets, communications, scheduling, resources, politics, etc. can be disastrous to project success. It is rare to find a project that does not have some issue along the way. This book provides a practical approach for guiding project managers that find themselves with a problem project..." Read more...
"According to Williams, two-thirds of all projects blow deadlines, go over budget or don’t deliver as promised. This book aims to give you the tools you need to recognize a failing project and..." Read more...
"As CEO you are the last line of defense in stopping a problem project from spinning out-of-control. How can you ensure that projects stay on track — and when they do not, how do you identify them, and save them or cut them off? ..." Read more...
"You know an IT project is in trouble when the customers – either internal or external – start checking in frequently for status updates, and you find that you have little in the way of fresh news to offer them. Or maybe you’re not halfway finished, but you’ve blown through most of the budget. Or...." Read more...
"In Rescue The Problem Project: A Complete Guide to Identifying, Preventing, and Recovering from Project Failure (AMACOM; March 2011), Todd Williams, an accomplished turnaround specialist, shares his field-tested project recovery process. The book leads readers through a step-by-step process of investigation, negotiation and action." Read more...
From the United States:
"Author Todd Williams, certified project management professional and accomplished turnaround specialist, shares his field-tested project recovery process with every project manager struggling to avoid—or slog through—a disaster. It is also for, the author stresses, “anyone involved in a project—project manager, customer, project sponsor, executive management, steering committee member, or individual contributor—and trying to find the missing link in managing it."" Read more...
Featuring nearly 70 case studies—real-world examples of what works, what doesn’t, and why—drawn from Todd Williams’ extensive experience, RESCUE THE PROBLEM PROJECT is an indispensable resource for everyone with a stake in project success. Read the entire press release here.
"Rescue the Problem Project is a new book authored by Todd C. Williams and just released by AMACOM in the United States. Back from the brink, this book provides a fail-safe recovery plan for turning around troubled projects." Read more...
2014 CNN Network and Airport News Ad
- New PM Articles for the Week of November 9 – 15, The Practicing IT Project Manager, November 9, 2015
- The Argument for Disbanding Your PMO, Accellerated IT Success, Nov 13, 2015
- New PM Articles for the Week of September 28 – October 4, The Practicing IT Project Manager, October 4, 2015
- Episode 332: Project Sponsor Challenges and Solutions, PM Podcast, Cornelius Fichtner, September, 2015
- New PM Articles for the Week of December 1 – 7, The Practicing IT Project Manager, December 7, 2014
- How to buy Project Management Consulting Services: Service as a Product (SaaP), Guerrilla Project Management, Samad Aidane, December 2, 2014
- Episode 275: Your Project Statement of Work is Missing a Comma!, PM Podcast, Cornelius Fichtner, June 14, 2014
- State Invites 10 Firms To Shift Cover Oregon To The Federal Health Insurance Exchange, Oregonian, Portland, Nick Budnick, May 28, 2014
- Decision To Scrap Or Salvage Cover Oregon Health Insurance Exchange Poses Risks Either Way, Oregonian, Nick Budnick, Portland, April 9, 2014
- Cover Oregon Consultant: Fix For Health Insurance Exchange Could Take $40 Million, 21 Months, Oregonian, Nick Budnick, Portland, April 4, 2014
- Episode 205: Rescue The Problem Project, PM Podcast, Cornelius Fichtner, June, 2013
- Episode 206: How to Keep your Project out of Trouble, PM Podcast, Cornelius Fichtner, May, 2013
- How to identify, prevent, and recover from project failure, Accellerated IT Success,April 2, 2013
- Episode 260: The Seven Steps to Rescuing the Problem Project, PM Podcast, Cornelius Fichtner, January. 2014
- New PM Articles for the Week of August 6 – 12, The Practicing IT Project Manager, August 12, 2012
- New PM Articles for the Week of June 11 – 17, The Practicing IT Project Manager, June 17, 2012