Dan Strayer, from the firm Arras People, asked that Todd Williams to provide his view of where project management is going to 2011. He answered the question of where project management must go in the next five years.
"As the year draws to a close, it is time to reflect on our past and contemplate the future. We think about our families, our friends, our successes and failures; we think about our jobs, our professions, and the world of possibilities. It is a time to reaffirm our ship’s direction, stay the course, make corrections, or find a new destination..." Read the entire article...
Recently Cascade Microtech retained eCameron, Inc. to assist in rolling out their ERP implementation worldwide. Read the entire press release here.
Project failure is rampant. Having spent most of his business life rescuing failing projects, Mr. Todd C. Williams has spent the last year organizing and writing a 95,000-word manuscript, which was recently accepted for publication by AMACOM Books. Read the entire press release here.
Before a project becomes a project, significant work has already been performed. The project has already met a series of qualifying measures by the customer to justify its value over other initiatives that were proposed. These are business decisions to continue with the initiative. This is the real inception of the project. The projects that survive this vetting process are based on the resolve, passion and determination of people in a business unit.
Assigning a Guidance Team to work in the business process for selecting projects greatly reduces the communication issues as the project gets transferred into the hands of the supplier. The article on Page 11 of this newsletter, written by Todd Williams, describes how this team works.
2014 CNN Network and Airport News Ad
- New PM Articles for the Week of November 9 – 15, The Practicing IT Project Manager, November 9, 2015
- The Argument for Disbanding Your PMO, Accellerated IT Success, Nov 13, 2015
- New PM Articles for the Week of September 28 – October 4, The Practicing IT Project Manager, October 4, 2015
- Episode 332: Project Sponsor Challenges and Solutions, PM Podcast, Cornelius Fichtner, September, 2015
- New PM Articles for the Week of December 1 – 7, The Practicing IT Project Manager, December 7, 2014
- How to buy Project Management Consulting Services: Service as a Product (SaaP), Guerrilla Project Management, Samad Aidane, December 2, 2014
- Episode 275: Your Project Statement of Work is Missing a Comma!, PM Podcast, Cornelius Fichtner, June 14, 2014
- State Invites 10 Firms To Shift Cover Oregon To The Federal Health Insurance Exchange, Oregonian, Portland, Nick Budnick, May 28, 2014
- Decision To Scrap Or Salvage Cover Oregon Health Insurance Exchange Poses Risks Either Way, Oregonian, Nick Budnick, Portland, April 9, 2014
- Cover Oregon Consultant: Fix For Health Insurance Exchange Could Take $40 Million, 21 Months, Oregonian, Nick Budnick, Portland, April 4, 2014
- Episode 205: Rescue The Problem Project, PM Podcast, Cornelius Fichtner, June, 2013
- Episode 206: How to Keep your Project out of Trouble, PM Podcast, Cornelius Fichtner, May, 2013
- How to identify, prevent, and recover from project failure, Accellerated IT Success,April 2, 2013
- Episode 260: The Seven Steps to Rescuing the Problem Project, PM Podcast, Cornelius Fichtner, January. 2014
- New PM Articles for the Week of August 6 – 12, The Practicing IT Project Manager, August 12, 2012
- New PM Articles for the Week of June 11 – 17, The Practicing IT Project Manager, June 17, 2012