In The Fifth Discipline, Senge describes how companies can rid themselves of the learning “disabilities ” that threaten their productivity and success by adopting the strategies of learning organizations —ones in which new and expansive patterns of thinking are nurtured, collective aspiration is set free, and people are continually learning how to create results they truly desire.
The updated and revised Currency edition of this business classic contains over one hundred pages of new material based on interviews with dozens of practitioners at companies like BP, Unilever, Intel, Ford, HP, Saudi Aramco, and organizations like Roca, Oxfam, and The World Bank. It features a new Foreword about the success Peter Senge has achieved with learning organizations since the book ’s inception, as well as new chapters on Impetus (getting started), Strategies, Leaders ’ New Work, Systems Citizens, and Frontiers for the Future.
Mastering the disciplines Senge outlines in the book will:
- Reignite the spark of genuine learning driven by people focused on what truly matters to them
- Bridge teamwork into macro-creativity
- Free you of confining assumptions and mindsets
- Teach you to see the forest and the trees
- End the struggle between work and personal time