To deal with the reality of business, you need a toolbox of techniques that addresses the needs of the people who supply and consume information and the competing interests of stakeholders.
This seminar starts by looking at the lynch pin of business—process—why it is important, when it works, and how its overuse generates failure and culminates with a lesson on incentivizing people. It covers people and process using estimation processes to provide insight to some of the quirks inherent in people, exposing the traits in yourself, and how to handle them.
What you will cover:
- Why people rely on process so heavily.
- The three types of process.
- How over relying and over applying process can be bad.
- The effect of our social environment on how we do estimates.
- How to improve estimates.
- Changing the perception of estimate.
- How to balance the application of process and still motivate people.