Abstract: Circuit designs and IC processing techniques become more complex every day. As a result the scope of manufacturing data required for analysis becomes larger and more critical. In order to handle the wealth of information, from a plethora of sources, many data warehousing concepts must be utilized. These include both data warehouses and data marts for all aspects of the manufacturing process. Sources of data for the circuit owner, quite often a Fabless entity, must include the wafer manufacturer, the IC manufacturer and the assembly shop. Currently all this information must also be fully Web-enabled. This allows the entire supply chain complete and confidential access to the information.
The concepts and requirements of a data mart are discussed in this article as well as some tools that assist in the data analysis process.
Pre-Engineered CIM/Enterprise Systems: The Next Generation of CIM Systems, Future Fab International, Technology Publishing, Ltd., Issue 7, July 1999.
Abstract: This article is a discussion of the benefits to a high tech fabrication company (IC, Silicon, TAP, etc.) of using pre-engineered CIM solutions rather than using a custom system designed in-house or by a third party. The article also discusses the minimum required components.
Abstract: This article is a discussion of the needs of a recipe management system in today's fabs. It enumerates the high-level requirements for a full featured recipe management system. It also describes the interrelationship of the functions, methods of utilization and the incorporation of a recipe manager in the overall manufacturing system.
Filling Execution Gaps
2014 CNN Network and Airport News Ad
- New PM Articles for the Week of November 9 – 15, The Practicing IT Project Manager, November 9, 2015
- The Argument for Disbanding Your PMO, Accellerated IT Success, Nov 13, 2015
- New PM Articles for the Week of September 28 – October 4, The Practicing IT Project Manager, October 4, 2015
- Episode 332: Project Sponsor Challenges and Solutions, PM Podcast, Cornelius Fichtner, September, 2015
- New PM Articles for the Week of December 1 – 7, The Practicing IT Project Manager, December 7, 2014
- How to buy Project Management Consulting Services: Service as a Product (SaaP), Guerrilla Project Management, Samad Aidane, December 2, 2014
- Episode 275: Your Project Statement of Work is Missing a Comma!, PM Podcast, Cornelius Fichtner, June 14, 2014
- State Invites 10 Firms To Shift Cover Oregon To The Federal Health Insurance Exchange, Oregonian, Portland, Nick Budnick, May 28, 2014
- Decision To Scrap Or Salvage Cover Oregon Health Insurance Exchange Poses Risks Either Way, Oregonian, Nick Budnick, Portland, April 9, 2014
- Cover Oregon Consultant: Fix For Health Insurance Exchange Could Take $40 Million, 21 Months, Oregonian, Nick Budnick, Portland, April 4, 2014
- Episode 205: Rescue The Problem Project, PM Podcast, Cornelius Fichtner, June, 2013
- Episode 206: How to Keep your Project out of Trouble, PM Podcast, Cornelius Fichtner, May, 2013
- How to identify, prevent, and recover from project failure, Accellerated IT Success,April 2, 2013
- Episode 260: The Seven Steps to Rescuing the Problem Project, PM Podcast, Cornelius Fichtner, January. 2014
- New PM Articles for the Week of August 6 – 12, The Practicing IT Project Manager, August 12, 2012
- New PM Articles for the Week of June 11 – 17, The Practicing IT Project Manager, June 17, 2012